Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAM IT UP

First off I have to share a scary dream I had last night. I dreamed that I was a Mormon and that I was wearing magic underwear but then I woke up wearing my new white teddy that I got from Victoria's Secret. Boy that was a close one.

These days everyone is buying those spiral sliced hams and it can be a PITA (you know what that means) trying to put those cloves on the ham the way mom used to do. Ground clove is now the way to go. And everyone uses cherries and raisins so why not try Auntie Stella's recipe for a change. You are going to need a tablespoon or so of ground clove (which is also great to get rid of a toothache); a small jar (6-8 oz) of sweet (California style) orange marmalade; a cup of brown sugar; 1/4 cup of orange juice and cinnamon and nutmeg (optional) to taste. Mix all of the ingredients together and since the ham is already sliced, work it in to the slices then toothpick it back together and bake. But you have to promise to tell someone where you got the recipe so they can come and visit me too.

I truly hope that everyone everywhere has the best of the holidays that they celebrate and that we can all come together in 2009 to promote peace and understanding throughout the world and try to save this planet we all call home. It's the only one that has chocolate I am reminded.
Love.
Stella

3 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Dear Stella,

Thank you for the recipe.

Hope your holiday is a smashing success and you get all you asked for from Santa :)
k

Morgan Mandel said...

I wish I were making ham so I could use your recipe,but everyone wants lamb by me. Sounds good. I'll have to try it some time.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Jeni said...

Merry Christmas, Mikie -oops, I mean Stella!