Tuesday, February 10, 2015

CREAM OF CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER SOUP.

When left alone I get bored and head to the kitchen and there recipes are born. Most of the time I think about things I like together and then find away to make something out of them. Some times it turns out wonderful some times not. Believe it or don't this one is delicious. Made it once for my mother and she almost finished off the pot in one sitting. You know you love peanut butter on your celery, right? I take it one step further.

Ingredients

Stalk of celery
   2 cups diced and 1 cup thin sliced, save the leaves for decoration
2 cups of chicken stock
1 pint of 1/2 &  1/2
2 tbs of flour
2 tbs of butter
3 tbs of peanut butter

Chop the end off of the celery then wash. Use the big parts on the ends as part of your 2 cups of diced, save the hearts to make Bloody Mary's later or the soup will never get made. Put celery in the blender with 1 cup of chicken stock and puree, Pour mixture and additional chicken stock in a pot at med high till it starts to boil then back it down to medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir often. As it thickens, slowly add half and half slowly and continue to stir while making and enjoying that Bloody Mary. This should serve four, maybe and don't forget to use the leaves, they are eatable. Maybe with some Italian bread.

Let me know if you like this recipe and just be glad I didn't make PB&J soup.
Love ya,
AS

2 comments:

Beatrice said...

Sounds great and I just happen to have all the ingredients! Let me just start with that Bloody Mary...

المراكز الاولى said...


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بخيبر